Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chocolate Bundles


So, I'm on day 3 of being sick with the flu or something equally awful. I've been very bored and wanted something dessert-y now that I got my appetite back. Being that I couldn't make it to the mail box let alone the grocery store, I had to use what was on hand. Luckily for me, the ingredients for this were in my freezer (and are subsequently in my stomach). This is SO easy and would be really nice for company. You can make them as small as large as you want so you get just the desired amount of dessert.

Chocolate Bundles
Adapted from Puffpastry.com

Ingredients
1 sheet puff pastry
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c chopped walnuts
Confectioners sugar

Directions
Thaw sheet of puff pastry for 30 minutes prior to baking. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix walnuts and chocolate chips together.

On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 12-in square. Cut into 9 4-in squares. Place about 2 tbsp chocolate chip/walnut mixture in center of pastry. Brush edges of squares with water. Fold corners into center on top of filling and twist slightly to seal and fan out corners. Place 2-in apart of a baking sheet.

Bake 15 min or until golden. Let cool 10 min before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment