Monday, June 14, 2010

Shrimp Scampi


I saw the Neeley's make this on their Sunday afternoon show. It looked really simple and I had all the ingredients on hand, so I whipped it up for dinner tonight. It was really good! The next time, I'd double the garlic (cause I'm trying to keep vampires away) and I'd have a delicious loaf of crusty bread with it.

Shrimp Scampi
Adapted from Down Home with the Neeley's

Ingredients

1 lb whole wheat angel hair pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 c dry white wine
5 tbsp butter
1/4 c parsley, chopped

Directions

Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water. Cook until al dente.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. One shimmering and hot, add the shrimp and saute until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate and reserve. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet, then saute until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and white wine and raise the heat to high. Let the liquid reduce for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in the butter, add a little pasta water to loosen the sauce, if needed, and return the shrimp. Remove from the heat and add the drained pasta, lemon zest and parsley. Toss and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great- hate shrimp. I have a recipe I made up and would like to submit for HipChick's approval and testing. How should I do that? It is for a Tortilla Soup. Can I email it to you and you will test it? Love you much

    ReplyDelete