Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trip Coasters


I'm on a crafty kick lately. I've wanted to make these coasters for a long time (like I bought the cork a year ago). This was so easy and is such a neat way to remember a trip or give a gift to a special person.

Stuff you need:

Cork (you can buy it in a roll at the craft store)
Maps
Mod podge
Paint brush

Start by picking the size of the circle you want to make. I traced the bottom of a coffee mug onto my map over the cities I wanted to focus on. Cut those out and then cut the same number of cork circles in the same size.

Use mod podge glue to secure the map circles onto the cork. Make sure you get a good seal on all edges. When that's dry, use mod podge to form a barrier on the top of the coaster. I did two coats over the map, letting it dry in between each time. That's it!! How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment