Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Boneless Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Thyme


I made a goal to start cooking more pork at home because Eric likes pork. I never normally buy anything pork besides bacon. It's not that I have anything against it, I just don't have it in my repertoire like chicken. So, this was my attempt and it was very good! I think he will enjoy this one.

Boneless Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Thyme
Adapted from www.delish.com

Ingredients

2 boneless pork chops
salt
pepper
1 tsp Olive oil
1 medium shallot
1 1/2 c sliced mushrooms
1/2 c white wine
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp fresh thyme

Directions

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add pork chops and don't move them! Let them brown on that side then flip and let brown again, in total 4 minutes per side for well done. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to stay warm.

In the same pan the chops were cooked in, add the shallot and cook until softened. Add mushrooms and let brown, cooking until they are softened. Add the wine and let reduce for a minute or two. Add Dijon and thyme and stir to combine. Put the chops back in the sauce to rewarm and then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment