Thursday, March 25, 2010

Salmon Mousse



So, my parents go to McCormick's in Beaverton several times a week. They know the staff and iced teas are already at the table before we've even got our napkins in our laps. Because they go so often, they have this 'frequent flyer' card so to speak. You put it on your table at the beginning of the meal and you get a special appetizer of sorts. My favorite appetizer they do is a smoked salmon mousse. It's delicious! I finally got brave enough to ask for the recipe. They had me write down my email address because the chef was busy, but he emailed it to me!

I served it at my Aunt's party and presented them just like they do at the restaurant. They were a big hit!

Salmon Mousse

4ounces of smoked salmon
4ounces of cream cheese
1bunch of chopped chives
1teaspoon of lemon juice
1pinch of salt and pepper
1/4cup of hot water

Instructions:

Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. About two minutes. Then wrap it in plastic and place it in the refrigerator for about a half an hour to allow to harden. It is ready to serve.

Serves eight at two ounces per portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment