Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini with Parmesan Topping

When I planted my vegetable garden this year, I was most excited about the zucchini. I pictured lots of zucchini and I'd be making zucchini bread, muffins, cakes, fried, baked, blah blah blah. However, not one zucchini yet... not one. The plants are huge but nada. So... I went and bought some and made this because I'd finally decided I had waited long enough. Time to move on.

Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini with Parmesan Topping
Adapted from For the Love of Cooking

Ingredients

2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, center spooned out but save the 'meat'
2 tsp olive oil
4 oz cremini mushrooms, chopped
1/4 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
Salt
Pepper
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp bread crumbs

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from the heat and let cool.

Lay the zucchini on the baking sheet
and fill with the sauteed veggies.
Mix the parmesan and bread crumbs together. Top the zucchini with the cheese mixture.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made something similar and it had no flavor. I was thinking I should have seasoned the 'boats' before filling. Did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM these look yummy! It's been a while since you have posted. I think I need to see another soon!

    ReplyDelete