Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Muffins

During fall, I'm always wanting to make things with pumpkin in them. Now, I do not like pumpkin pie so I don't quite understand. Perhaps it's because I don't partake in pumpkin pie mania, so I have to get my fill elsewhere. Anyway, these muffins were great! Not too sweet and smelled delicious.

Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Muffins
Adapted from For the Love of Cooking.net

Ingredients

2 c flour
3/4 c sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1 c canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/2 c chopped pecans
Coarse sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a muffin tray with cooking spray or put in liners.

Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, oil, eggs, cranberries and pecans. Mix the two until just combined. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. (My new trick is to use an ice cream scoop and they come out all perfectly sized). Sprinkle coarse sugar over each cup.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes (mine actually baked faster, so keep an eye on yours). Insert a toothpick into the middle and see if it comes out clean. Cool on a rack and then ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment