Monday, August 30, 2010

Homemade Granola

I love granola for cereal and for putting in my yogurt. There are a few brands that I buy and enjoy but they're kinda expensive... so, I figured there is no reason I can't make my own! This (and any granola recipe really) are so flexible because you can add and take out whatever you do or don't like. The combinations of fruits, seeds and nuts are endless and you should perfect it to your liking. This is just what I did...

Homemade Granola
Adapted from The Food Network

Ingredients

3 cups rolled oats
1 c mixed seeds (I did raw sesame and pumpkin)
1 c chopped mixed nuts (I used raw almonds and cashews)
1/2 c shredded coconut
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp honey (I use agave nectar in place of honey)
2 c mixed dried fruit, chopped (dried apricots, cranberries, and raisins)

Directions

Mix oats, seeds, nuts, coconut and salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Toss with oil and honey. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
Toss half way thru baking. When cool, add dried fruits and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment