Monday, August 30, 2010

Mexican Pulled Pork

Jamie, one of my very dearest friends whom I met in college, made this for me when I visited her and her sweet husband, Justin, in Huntington Beach. It was so impressive and I thought it'd taken her forever. However, I was lucky enough to be let in on a little secret... it's probably the easiest thing you'll ever make. It only has 2 ingredients!! 2! You heard me correctly.

She and I served this with tortillas and all the burrito fixings you like. Because this is done in the slow cooker, you can make it on busy days or lazy Sundays.

Mexican Pulled Pork
Adapted from Jamie Bertain

Ingredients

1 pork shoulder (also called pork butt, or boston pork)
1 jar of your favorite salsa
Water
Salt and Pepper

Directions

Place pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in jar of salsa and maybe 1/2 c water.
Cook for however long you have... I did high for 6 hours but you can do whatever works for you.

When it's done, pull the pork out and shred with two forks.
I put my pork back into the juices which made it pretty liquid-y, so I would recommend you add a little of the juice back to the shredded pork as you see fit.
Then serve with your favorite burrito stuff: cheese, avocado, hot sauce, beans, rice, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment