Monday, September 19, 2011

Soy and Honey Marinated Flank Steak


I bought a BBQ recently and this was the first thing I made on it! I really enjoy flank steak- it's inexpensive, quick to prepare and you can use it on anything (steaks, fajitas, sandwiches, etc).

I found this recipe on a tried and true food blogging website, For The Love of Cooking. Anytime I'm looking for a recipe for something specific, I always go there first. Her food is easy and always delicious.

Soy and Honey Marinated Flank Steak
Adapted from For The Love of Cooking

Ingredients

1 lb flank steak
2 tbsp + 2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper

Directions

Combine all ingredients for the marinade into a large zip lock bag, add steak. Let steak sit in the marinade for 2 to 24 hours.

When ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge for 30 minutes to come to room temperature. If you're grilling, cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or so on each side (I like medium well, so do less if you like more pink). If you're using a grill pan, it's roughly about the same amount of time. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting so the juices redistribute. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment